Thursday, November 03, 2011

Stamp of an Actor: Groucho Marx

“I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.”

“One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know.”

“From the moment I picked up your book until I laid it down, I was convulsed with laughter. Some day I intend reading it.”

“Go, and never darken my towels again.”

“Age is not a particularly interesting subject. Anyone can get old. All you have to do is live long...”


“I find television very educating. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book.”

“Well, my mother and father talked it over and they finally moved to New York, a little house in the Bronx. And it was in that little house that Abraham Lincoln was born, much to my father's surprise. And that, boys and girls, was the beginning of the Lincoln Highway.”

“Do you mind if I don't smoke?”

“Practically everybody in New York has half a mind to write a book — and does.”

“Now there sits a man with an open mind. You can feel the draft from here.”

“Oh, I know it's a penny here and a penny there, but look at me. I worked myself up from nothing to a state of extreme poverty.”

“You're a brave man. Go and break through the lines. And remember, while you're out there risking your life and limb through shot and shell, we'll be in here thinking what a sucker you are.”

“Hello, I must be going.”

2 comments: