Saturday, December 31, 2011

#1 Amar Chitra Katha: Jesus Christ

Amar Chitra Katha (Immortal Picture Stories), the largest-selling comic-book series in India, has, from time to time, brought out special issues on epics and events that shaped history. This particular issue, published in 1980, tells the beautiful story of Christ from his birth to his crucifixion. A major portion of the comic-book is devoted to the time Jesus spent with the apostles and the miracles he performed. The speech bubbles and the coloured illustrations are clear and simple.

ACK, as it is known, has published more than 400 titles, mainly on the great Indian epics, mythology, history, folklore and fables, often revolving around people who made a difference. Since its launch in 1967, ACK has sold over 90 million copies in 20 Indian languages. 

You can read more about this educational series at www.amarchitrakatha.com




2 comments:

  1. Looks very nice. I still remember the classics comics from here. I loved 'em when I was a kid, though I never got very many of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charles, I have been obsessed with classics comics since my college days. I especially love the original CLASSICS ILLUSTRATED but you don't get them unless you're willing to pay the price.

    ReplyDelete