Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Sarah Ward's ‘A Deadly Thaw’ out in ebook

UK-based author and blogger Sarah Ward has announced that her second novel A Deadly Thaw is out in ebook.

© Sarah Ward
A Deadly Thaw, the follow-up to In Bitter Chill, "sees the return of DI Francis Sadler and DC Connie Childs but has a new protagonist, Kat, who sets out to discover why her sister lied about the identity of the man she killed."

The synopsis of the 384-page Kindle edition published by Faber & Faber says the following:



Every secret has consequences.

Autumn 2004: In Bampton, Derbyshire, Lena Fisher is arrested for suffocating her husband, Andrew.

Spring 2016: A year after Lena's release from prison, Andrew is found dead in a disused mortuary.

Who was the man Lena killed twelve years ago, and who committed the second murder? When Lena disappears, her sister, Kat, sets out to follow a trail of clues delivered by a mysterious teenage boy. Kat must uncover the truth - before there's another death...


"Gives the Scandi authors a run for their money," Icelandic crime writer Yrsa Sigurðardóttir said in praise of the author and her new book.

On December 20, 2015, I reviewed In Bitter Chill and interviewed Sarah Ward, who reviews books at her blog, Crimepieces, and is a judge for the UK-based Petrona Award. She lives in Derbyshire, England, the setting of both of her novels.


The 3Cs wishes Sarah good luck and success.

16 comments:

  1. I know of two other mystery series where a main character is named Kat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charles, the two lead characters of Connie Childs and Francis Sadler are drawn well.

      Delete
  2. New one for me. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Mystica. I enjoyed IN BITTER CHILL and I'm looking forward to read A DEADLY THAW.

      Delete
  3. I'm very excited for Sarah's new release, Prashant! She's very talented, and I hope it'll do well. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Margot. I'm sure A DEADLY THAW will follow the success of IN BITTER CHILL.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Oscar, the plot certainly sounds intriguing. I want to see how DI Connie Childs' character has developed.

      Delete
  5. I enjoyed the first book, In Bitter Chill, a lot, Prashant. It was one of my top books of the year, and I don't read much contemporary fiction. I am looking forward to A Deadly Thaw when it comes out here... very soon now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, Tracy. I'm making effort to read more contemporary fiction and nonfiction. As matters stand, my reading of anything has gone for a toss due to new work and travel schedules.

      Delete
  6. LIke you, Prashant, I am really excited at the prospect of reading this. I enjoyed IN Bitter Chill very much, and it is wonderful that our fellow-blogger and crime fiction fan is having such success!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You said it, Moira. I'm glad so many people are noticing, reading and reviewing Sarah's new thriller. I liked IN BITTER CHILL too.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Col, I'm keen to read A DEADLY THAW, especially having enjoyed Sarah's debut novel IN BITTER CHILL.

      Delete
  8. I am very interested. Thanks! I'm currently watching dvds of Peak Practice which is set in Derbyshire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nan, I liked the Derbyshire setting in Sarah's debut IN BITTER CHILL and I'm waiting to find out what happens next with her two likeable police detectives.

      Delete