Friday, January 13, 2017

Red Rock Rampage by Ben Boulden, 2017

I enjoy reading Ben Boulden’s book reviews over at his blog Gravetapping. They are a solid piece of work—very focused, balanced, and well-written. And now, I very much look forward to reading his first novel Red Rock Rampage, which will be released on February 6.

Red Rock Rampage is the fifteenth book in the Blaze! Adult Western Series created by bestselling action-adventure author Stephen Mertz. It has a great cover, fascinating characters, plenty of action, and vivid descriptions.

In the novel, “J.D. and Kate Blaze ride into the settlement of Small Basin, Utah, on the trail of train robbers but soon discover that the town and the surrounding area are ruled by the iron fist of a renegade Mormon patriarch—and he has his eye on two beautiful young women he intends to make unwilling brides. Hired killers, corrupt lawmen, and brutal kidnappers mean a heap of trouble for the Old West's only husband-and-wife gunfighters. Forced to split up, Kate and J.D. have to battle their way back to each other to survive!”


J.D. and Kate Blaze are not your regular fictional heroes. According to series publisher Rough Edges Press owned by prolific author James Reasoner, “(They) are two of the deadliest gunfighters the Old West has ever seen. They also happen to be husband and wife, as passionate in their love for each other as they are in their quest for justice on the violent frontier!”

Ben, who reviews mystery, crime, and thrillers on his blog as well as for Mystery Scene Magazine, says his 115-page debut novel will be available as both an ebook (exclusive to Kindle and also available through Kindle Unlimited) and a trade paperback. You can pre-order the Kindle version for now.

14 comments:

  1. Thanks Prashant. I'm excited about RRR's upcoming release. I really enjoyed writing it and I hope everyone enjoys reading it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome, Ben. I look forward to reading your novel and get an introduction to the BLAZE! series.

      Delete
  2. How exciting, Prashant, that a book blogger whose work you respect has also written a novel you want to read. And it's a genre you really like, too, which makes it all the better. I hope you'll enjoy the novel; it sounds as athough you will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true, Margot. Every debut novel by a writer, and especially one I know, is an inspiration for me to try and make my own someday. I do look forward to reading Ben's book.

      Delete
  3. I think I've only read one in this series. I need to pick up some others

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charles, I'm intrigued by the husband-wife partnership in the BLAZE! series. It sounds quite interesting.

      Delete
  4. I enjoy Ben Boulden’s blog also, Prashant, I just recently discovered it. I will have to give this book a try when it comes out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracy, I have learnt much about writing reviews from my (online) friends and that includes you and Ben. Frankly, I don't review books I read as much as I write about them, and give my opinion. Reviews are not easy.

      Delete
  5. I started one Blaze book, but haven't finished it. This one sounds great being from Utah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oscar, it'd be interesting to read this series from book one and see how different writers have drawn the two main characters.

      Delete
  6. Look forward to your reading this and telling us more Prashant.

    ReplyDelete