Saturday, April 23, 2016

Which book would you read again this minute?

A student retrieves a book at San Diego City College.
Photo: Joe Crawford, California, USA,
via Wikimedia Commons

The 3Cs has been around for nearly seven years and during all that time it has rarely asked questions about books or films, let alone set up a poll or quiz, like some of my ardent (blog) friends do. Margot and Sergio run some mean quizzes and polls. The 3Cs is ill-informed to host any. Instead, it has a question, just one for now.

If you were forced, at knifepoint, to pick a book you’d already read before and asked to read it again, at gunpoint, which one would it be—and why?

No, that won’t do. You can’t read under the grip of fear. That’s no page-turner. Let me rephrase the question.

Which is the one book that you’d love to read again this minute—and why?

Your feedback will be like a recommendation of books for me, and I look forward to your eclectic choices.

My only request to you is not to “write down” your answers in comments below. Instead, send me an email at prashant@trikannad.com. I will collate the answers and put them up in a separate post, with your names and blog names.

The deadline is Saturday, April 30. In case you need more time, let me know, and we can extend the date. This is no homework.

Thank you for your time. Much appreciated.

7 comments:

  1. One book that I reach for every couple of years is To Tame a Land by Louis L'Amour. It's the story of Ryan Tyler, who begins as a young boy with his father. They are in a wagon train through Indian country when their wagon breaks down and the train rolls on. Tyler goes through many adventures as he grows up to become a gunfighter. It just resonates with me. Adventure, family, pathos, action. All here

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, what an interesting question, Prashant! I'll definitely have to think about that one! Thanks for the 'food for thought!'

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would choose O. Henry short stories to renew my acquaintance with him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Big Sleep by Raymond Chandler

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sent you an email, Prashant. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I doubt you will read this, but I'd read it cover to cover without a break if I had the luxury and "had to" do so. It's not a mystery novel, BTW. The Man Who Fell in Love with the Moon by Tom Spanbauer. I have a blog post about it though it just barely fits into my category of crime, adventure and supernatural fiction. It's a western and a borderline adventure novel. Not at all the kind of western most readers of that fiction would choose.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I noticed you said email but my email has been down today so I'm breaking the rules here: THE STRANGER by Albert Camus.

    ReplyDelete