Thursday, April 12, 2012

Adolf Hitler in comic-books

You look for one thing, you find something else. I was surfing the internet for some out-of-print books when I came across a comic-book I had never seen before — Daredevil Battles Hitler. Daredevil? Why not Superman? Or Captain America? They would be first choice. Then, I thought, if the Fuhrer can fight The Man Without Fear, he might have also fought the other superheroes. Of course, he has! And that includes The Man of Steel and The First Avenger. So imagine my delight when I found as many as sixteen comic-books featuring Hitler on the covers. Naturally, Adolf is at the receiving end in all the comics. Heel Hitler!

















I am sure there are more Hitler comics in cyberspace but these will do for now.

6 comments:

  1. This is really interesting-I wonder if in Germany R during WWII there were comics glorifying Hitler and putting Churchill in the role of a villan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mel, I am sure there must be comics glorifying Hitler. It's worth looking into and if I find anything, I'll do another post. Thanks for the thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea there were so many. What an intriguing collection.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dorte, it certainly is. I didn't know myself. Now to find the comics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's pretty cool, to see 'em all in one place. This could make an incredible article for a history of comics essay.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Charles, I'd probably have written more about these comics had I read at least some of them. I have read a few articles on the history of comics but Hitler's presence has never figured in any of them.

    ReplyDelete