Thursday, April 17, 2014

A short break

I'm on a short holiday from Friday, April 18, through Sunday, April 20, during which time I'll not be posting anything. I'm leaving my laptop behind but I'll be reading other blogs on my cellphone and tablet, although I may not have the time to comment. On this trip I'll be reading a book and an ebook respectively—Stallion Gate by Martin Cruz Smith and The Education of a Pulp Writer & Other Stories by David Cranmer. David is the editor-publisher of Beat to a Pulp, a webzine that publishes short stories in many genres. I'll be with my family and giving us company in the hill station will be lots of birds, monkeys, and horses, and unfortunately people too. A happy Good Friday and Easter weekend to you all.

12 comments:

  1. Enjoy the up country as we say over here! we have been on holiday from the 11th and this will finish only on the 21st! new year plus easter break both came together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mystica, three days is hardly a holiday but it's still better than not taking any. I hope you'd a good time on your vacation.

      Delete
  2. Have fun, I will be gardening over our 4 day long Easter weekend. Hopefully I'll sneak in a couple of good books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Col, we'd fun walking in forest area and riding horses. I've always liked gardening though not where I live.

      Delete
  3. David writes a mean pulp story. Be prepared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ron, I didn't know until I read his collection. I liked the stories as well as David's crisp style.

      Delete
  4. I hope you had a nice holiday break with your family, Prashant. I am a fan of Martin Cruz Smith's work. Hope you enjoyed your books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yvette, thank you. We took this brief holiday after a long time and we loved it. I've been a fan of Cruz Smith's fiction since reading GORKY PARK. His STALLION GATE is historical fiction set around Oppenheimer and the bomb.

      Delete
  5. I presume you are back now, and had a nice trip. I look forward to reports on your reading. I will be off to Alabama for a week tomorrow, with no idea what internet access I will have.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tracy, where we went even the mobile phone networks were inaccessible. We spent the three days taking long walks, riding horses, playing games, and reading books. I hope you have a good time in Alabama.

      Delete